INTERIM SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Looking to become a licensed teacher in North Carolina? Our friends at TeachNC offer free tools and resources for future teachers like you. Click here to learn more!
- Job ID: 3405285
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 21, 2020
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
TITLE: Interim School Counselor
Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
N.C. School Counselor Certification
NC Teacher Salary + 16% supplement
May coordinate and direct activities of paraprofessionals, volunteers and/or clerical assistants.
The school principal or his/her designee
To help all students develop skills in the areas of personal-social growth, educational planning, and career and vocational development
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Assumes primary responsibility for development, organization and implementation of the school counseling program.
- Develops activities and resources to implement and evaluate the program. Involves other school staff in making decisions about the school counseling program.
- Provides individual and group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventive, and remedial needs of students.
- Consults with students, parents, teachers, and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Coordinates all counseling services for students and assists with the coordination and implementation of students services in the school. Assists teachers with the Guidance Curriculum.
- Accurately interprets test results and other student data. Assists teachers with the educational placement of students by using appropriate educational assessment strategies.
- Helps the school administration identify and remedy school policies and programs that inhibit student and staff development.
- Helps the school administration develop policies and programs that benefit student and staff development.
- Reports to the school administration and staff about the annual goals and services of the counseling program.
- Adheres to ethical standards of counseling profession, and abides by the laws, policies, and procedures that govern the schools.
- Participates in professional associations and upgrades professional knowledge and skills as needed.
- Serves as a member of the school-based committee as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is an interim position for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year; Eleven-month position; Salary in accordance with certification and placement on the adopted schedule.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the Board of Education policy on the evaluation of teachers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.