AP HISTORY TEACHER & CIVICS, HIGH SCHOOL (2022-2023 SY)
Looking to become a licensed teacher in North Carolina? Our friends at TeachNC offer free tools and resources for future teachers like you. Click here to learn more!
- Job ID: 3839965
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
May 19, 2022
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Do you have a desire to inspire, ignite, and instill a love of learning in all students? If so, we would love for you to pursue a career at one of Charlotte's premier charter schools, Sugar Creek Charter.
Sugar Creek Charter is currently seeking a HS History Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
Why Sugar Creek Charter:
- We're a well-established school that's been in existence for 21 years.
- We offer a competitive salary, full medical benefits, and a retirement plan.
- We are one of the highest performing schools in Mecklenburg County.
- Our teachers enjoy an extended fall, winter, and spring break.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Instruct students using a variety of effective teaching strategies such as gradual release, scaffolding, differentiation, and small group instruction.
- Assess students' progress using daily formative assessments, weekly/bi-weekly summative assessments, and quarterly benchmarks.
- Use assessment data to provide real time feedback during classroom instruction.
- Follow and implement the school wide behavior plan.
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with students, parents, staff members, and other stakeholders.
Teacher Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years high school teaching experience (preferred)
- Minimum of 1 yr experience in teaching an AP level course.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Excited about teaching and learning
To complete an application or to learn more about a career at Sugar Creek Charter School, please visit http://thesugarcreek.org/.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $67,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff and students are currently required to wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Current Issues
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: General
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Geography
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Government
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Military
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: US History
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: World History
Classroom Teacher > Title I
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.