Future Teacher 2023-2024. Future Job Pool for applicants. To be used in recruiting. Applicants will need to move applications to actual job posting when location is determined and job opening is posted.
Location/Dept: Assigned School/EC Department
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Performs difficult professional work preparing and providing training and instruction to intellectually disabled, learning disabled, handicapped, emotionally disturbed and other special need students, individually and in groups; motivating students to develop skill in assigned subject matters, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree with coursework in special education, or a related field.
North Carolina Teacher Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan a program of study that meets the needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
- Create a classroom environment that encourages student involvement and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Has an ability to plan, coordinate, and continuously improve instruction for all students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show evidences of preparation upon request of supervisor.
- Plan for and utilize instructional methods, resources, and evaluation techniques that motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
- Monitors student performance and growth.
- Take all necessary and permitted safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Establish relationships with parents, colleagues, administrators, and the community to enhance learning opportunities for the students.
- Have availability to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when requested to do so under reasonable circumstances.
- Required to self-assess effectiveness and demonstrate successful application of skills and information acquired to increase effectiveness.
- Attend staff meetings and perform other duties as required by the Principal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of special education and specialty area; thorough knowledge of the principles and methodology of effective teaching of students with disabilities; thorough knowledge of school division rules, regulations and procedures; ability to establish and maintain standards of behavior; ability to deliver articulate oral presentations and written reports; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and parents; ability to operate a personal computer.
This work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force; work regularly requires standing and speaking or hearing, frequently requires walking, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling and reaching with hands and arms; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions and exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.