ASST-TCHR PRE K
Looking to become a licensed teacher in North Carolina? Our friends at TeachNC offer free tools and resources for future teachers like you. Click here to learn more!
- Job ID: 4185165
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
March 18, 2023
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Candidates must meet the following requirement to be eligible for a Pre-K TA position:
(A) Have a high school diploma or its equivalent and shall either:
(1) hold a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; or
(2) hold or be working toward an Associate Degree or higher in birth-through kindergarten, child development, early childhood education, or an early childhood education related field**. Teacher assistants working toward the Associate Degree shall make progress by completing a minimum of six semester hours per year.
** Neither Elementary Education nor EC are considered a related field.
Fair Labor Standards Act Classification: Non-Exempt
Position Term: 10 month
Time Basis: Full-Time
Position Type: Classified
Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour
Pay Grade: 54
GCS Salary Schedules
PRE-K programs are licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and require an additional Criminal Background Check (CBC):
If you are selected
for this position, you must complete the following:
- Go to NCDHHS website and review video tutorials: https://ncchildcarecbc.nc.gov/
- Obtain NCID (NC Identity Management Service): https://ncid.nc.gov/idmdash/
- Begin CBC application process: https://ncabcms.nc.gov/DCDEE/Applicant/
- You will need to enter your addresses for the past 5 years. If you have lived out-of-state in the past 5 years, a person from DHHS will email you with information about how to apply for each state’s background check. This may involve additional costs. Be sure to print your receipt for reimbursement if hired.
- At end of CBC application, you will be asked to pay $26.50 fee with credit card (Visa or MasterCard only). Be sure to print your receipt for reimbursement if hired.
- Once application is complete, within 7 days you need to get your fingerprints LIVESCAN. Be sure to take your valid ID and $10 cash. Be sure to print your receipt for reimbursement if hired.
- LIVESCAN fingerprinting options (click on link for locations and times):
- Once your CBC application and fingerprinting is complete, you will receive an email from the DHHS CBC Portal with your results - you will need to log in with your NCID.
- If cleared, you will receive a letter stating you are QUALIFIED under the NC Child Care Act.
- This letter must be uploaded to your GCS application before you can be approved by Human Resources to begin work.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.