Craven County Schools
Reports to: Principal
Terms of Employment: 10 months
Pay Grade: Beginning $37,000 Annually plus Local Supplement
Pay Range: $37,000 - $58,240 annually
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nature of Work
Under general supervision, teaches one or more classes to students in grades to students in the area for which a NC teaching license is held. The employee is required to plan, organize and present instruction and instructional environments that help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development. The employee also assists in other school programs as assigned, and creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability.
Education and Experience
Minimum of Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited college/university.
Certification and Licensure Requirements (if applicable):
Must hold or be qualified to hold a North Carolina Professional Educator's License.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks
- Teaches North Carolina Standard Course of Study/ Common Core and Essential Standards for assigned grade.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and presenting instruction and instructional environments which help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their educational and social development.
- Conducts lessons or instructional activities as a brisk pace, appropriate to
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior required to provide an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Instructs students in proper care and use of materials and equipment storage areas and controls use of materials and equipment to prevent loss or abuse.
- Evaluate s each student's performance and growth in knowledge and understanding, and prepares progress reports.
- Selects and requisitions instructional materials, books, equipment, etc., and maintains inventory records.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional learning activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which she/he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Speaks fluently and precisely and presents lessons or instructional activities using concepts and language understandable to the students.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Cooperates in school-wide supervision of students during out-of-classroom activities.
- Participates in faculty and/or District committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of research best practices.
- Understanding the growth and development of students to which he/she is assigned.
- Knowledge of students ' growth, development, and learning.
- Skilled in assessment and using its data for teaching and learning.
- Ability to meet the needs of all learners.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Ability to perform general clerical duties.
- Ability to maintain order and discipline in a classroom
- Ability to operate common office machines and technology.
- Ability to develop and compile records and reports.
- Ability to maintain basic files and records.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Requires the ability to speak effectively in order to exchange information.
- Ability to receive and perform instructions, assignments and directions from supervisors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitates by work assignments.
- Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
- Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience with Professional Learning Communities (PLCs).
- Experience with the use of technology in the delivery of instruction to students.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees in this job must be energetic and flexible and possess the visual acuity to prepare data, work with records processes, and do extensive reading and research. Due to amount of time spent standing and/or walking, physical requirements are consistent with those for Light work.
In compliance with Federal Law, Craven County Schools administers all education programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination against any person on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age or disability.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.